You are about to act as advocate at your first labor arbitration hearing. The stakes are high, both for you and for your client. What must you know and how should you prepare?
This 90-minute recorded webinar focuses on practical tips that will put new arbitration advocates on a more even playing field with experienced advocates across the table and help new advocates learn what the arbitrator needs from them in the presentation of the case.
Among the topics to be discussed:
- whether a new advocate should reveal his/her inexperience to the arbitrator;
- having a scheduling plan for the arbitration hearing;
- the appropriate level of formality in an arbitration hearing and how to show respect for the arbitrator;
- understanding the basics of arbitrability;
- the ingredients of an effective opening statement;
- the use of documents – how, when and why;
- the critical role of direct examination of witnesses;
- cross-examination – use and misuse;
- keeping in mind the arbitrator’s objectives for the hearing;
- crafting an effective closing statement;
Purchase this presentation and learn from two experienced arbitrators the practical steps you can take to optimize your advocacy skills for greater success in grievance arbitration hearings.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS PRESENTATION – Attorneys and non-attorney advocates new to the labor-management grievance arbitration process; individuals from law firms, employers and unions who train or mentor new advocates; academics and anyone interested in the dynamics of the arbitration process.
What others are saying about this presentation...
"This was a well organized seminar - I would recommend this to any practitioner."
"Good webinar for lawyers brand new to labor law."
"Good overview for advocates who are new to arbitration."
^ A link to this recorded webinar's supplemental material appears above at left. You may download the materials once you have registered for the recording.
This program does not qualify for the AAA's annual Arbitrator Continuing Education (ACE) requirement.
Launching the Course After Registration
If you purchase this recorded webinar you will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the course. You will click the course link in that email or copy and paste the link into your browser to launch the course. If you have a "My Profile" account on this site, you can also launch the course from your Transcript page.
THIS COURSE IS COMPATIBLE WITH SAFARI.
CLE is currently not offered on AAA recorded webinars. Some jurisdictions will allow CLE credit for online programs, and we suggest that you confirm CLE credit availability for this type of program with the appropriate state CLE regulator. A Certificate of Attendance will be provided upon request.
AAA Education Services at AAAEducation@adr.org or