Registration for this program closes on
Arbitration has proven that it can be a quick, efficient, fair and cost-effective dispute resolution process. To help reach the full potential that arbitration has to offer, there are critical steps that you can take to increase the likelihood of success in managing or chairing an arbitration and, by extension, ensure a process that provides at minimum a reasonable level of confidence and satisfaction for the parties and advocates.
This 60-minute recorded webinar focuses on the things an arbitrator needs to know to cultivate the parties’ buy-in to the arbitration process. Areas covered include--
- administered vs. ad hoc arbitration;
- optimal use of the arbitrator selection process;
- the importance of an accurate and truthful arbitrator resume;
- the role of confidentiality/party privacy in arbitration, including issues such as data breach and how to ramp up data security;
- the value of an efficiently run process, including such matters as scope of claims, discovery, document exchange, when and how to use a Scott Schedule, witnesses, etc.;
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS PRESENTATION: Arbitrators, advocates/lawyers, parties, academics, and anyone interested in the dynamics of the arbitration process.
^ A link to this recorded webinar's supplemental material appears above at left. You may download the materials once you have registered for the recording.
This program does not qualify for the AAA's annual Arbitrator Continuing Education requirement.
Launching the Course After Registration
If you purchase this recorded webinar you will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the course. You will click the course link in that email or copy and paste the link into your browser to launch the course. If you have a "My Profile" account on this site, you can also launch the course from your Transcript page.
CLE is currently not offered on AAA recorded webinars. Some jurisdictions will allow CLE credit for online programs, and we suggest that you confirm CLE credit availability for this type of program with the appropriate state CLE regulator. A Certificate of Attendance will be provided upon request.
AAA Education Services at AAAEducation@adr.org or