Stanley P. Sklar
Dispute Resolution Services
Stanley P. Sklar, Esq. is a principal of Dispute Resolution Services. He is a past President of the College of Commercial Arbitrators, past President of the American College of Construction Lawyers, past President of the Society of Illinois Construction Attorneys and an elected Fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers. In addition to Dispute Resolution Services, he is the Executive Director for Arbitration Studies for the Center for Dispute Resolution of DePaul University College of Law where he teaches Commercial Arbitration and is a guest lecturer for its Mediator Certification Course. He was the recipient of the ABA Forum on Construction Cornerstone Award for Lifetime Achievement to the field of Construction Law. He is a member of the American Arbitration Association Panel for Large Complex Commercial/Construction Disputes, a member of the CPR List of Distinguished Neutrals for Construction Disputes, an International Mediation Institute Certified Mediator and a Distinguished Fellow of the International Academy of Mediators.
He has been a faculty member for several courses sponsored by the American Arbitration Association Education Services including AAA Training for Commercial Arbitrators and AAA Training for Construction Arbitrators.
Mr. Sklar has most recently been included in the 21st Edition of the Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of arbitration and has been named the Best Lawyers’ 2014-15 Chicago Arbitration “Lawyer of the Year.”
- Advanced Mediator Training Series: The Extent or Limit of Mediator Influence to Effect Settlement
- Imposing Sanctions in Arbitration - Just How Far Can You Go
- Motion Practice Under AAA Rules: What You Need to Know
- Preparing for and Managing a Construction Arbitration
- The Ethics of e-Discovery in Arbitration
- Vacatur and Enforcement of Arbitration Awards
- Writing Arbitration Awards